Benzyl benzoate Quick Details
Chemical Name: Benzyl benzoate
CAS No.: 120-51-4
Molecular Fomula: C14H12O2
Appearance: Yellowish transparent liquid
Benzyl benzoate Typical Properties
|Appearance||Yellowish transparent liquid|
|Sulphate ash||0.1% max|
Use of Benzyl benzoate
Benzyl benzoate, as a topical solution, may be used as an antiparasitic insecticide to kill the mites responsible for the skin condition scabies, for example as a combination drug of benzyl benzoate.
- fixative in fragrances to improve the stability and other characteristics of the main ingredients
- food additive in artificial flavors
- plasticizer in cellulose and other polymers
- solvent for various chemical reactions
- treatment for sweet itch in horses
- treatment for scaly leg mites in chickens
Benzyl benzoate Packaging and Shipping
Benzyl benzoate Storage
Stored in a cool, dry and ventilated place, , keep container tightly closed to prevent leakage.
Avoid contact oxidation material.