Propylene carbonate Quick Details
Chemical Name: Propylene carbonate
Molecular Formula: C4H6O3
Molecular Weight: 102.08864
Propylene carbonate Structure:
Apperance: Colourless transparent liquid
Propylene carbonate Typical Properties
|Index||Industry grade||Battery & Electronic grade|
|Apperance||Colourless transparent liquid|
|Color(APHA)||20 max||20 max|
|Propylene Carbonate||99.5% min||99.9% min.|
|Propylene Oxide||0.01% max||0.01% max.|
|Propylene Glycol||0.02% max||0.02% max.|
|WATER||0.1% max||0.02% max.|
Propylene carbonate production method
1. Phosgene method: The raw material propylene glycol reacts with phosgene to form hydroxyisopropyl chloroformate, and then reacts with sodium hydroxide to form propylene carbonate, and then distilled under reduced pressure to obtain a finished product.
2. Transesterification method.
3. Chloropropanol method.
4. Propylene Oxide and Carbon Dioxide Synthesis Carbon dioxide and propylene oxide are reacted at 150-160 ° C and 5 MPa to form propylene carbonate. The product is obtained by fractional distillation under reduced pressure.
All of the above methods have been industrialized, but the first three methods have higher production costs and poor product quality, and are gradually replaced by the fourth method.
5. Propylene oxidation and carbon dioxide synthesis. This method is a synthetic method developed by the laboratory in recent years.
Propylene carbonate Usage
1. This product is a polar solvent used as a dispersant for plasticizers, spinning solvents, water-soluble dyes and plastics. It can also be used as an oily solvent and an extractant for olefins and aromatic hydrocarbons.
2. Propylene carbonate as the electrolyte of the battery can withstand harsh optical, thermal and chemical changes.
3. Propylene carbonate also has certain uses in geological beneficiation and analytical chemistry.
4. In addition, propylene carbonate can also be used as a wood binder instead of phenolic resin, and also used to synthesize dimethyl carbonate.
5. Propylene carbonate is mainly used in cosmetics to make nail polish.
Propylene carbonate Packaging
25 kg/drum or 200kg/drum.