Name: GLUTAMIC ACID, SODIUM SALT
Alias: Sodium Gluconate r e; Sodium Gluconic Acid Sodium; Sodium Sodium GLUCONATE; Sodium 2,3,4,5,6-pentahydroxyhexate (non-preferred name)
Application of Sodium gluconate
Cleaning agent for steel surface
If the surface of steel or iron needs to be plated with bowl, chromium, tin or nickel for special purpose, such as making tinplate, zinc plate, surface chrome plating, etc. , the surface of steel or iron billet must be cleaned strictly so as to make the coating and the steel or iron surface firmly combined At this time its cleaning agent added Sodium Gluconate will be very ideal effect. This has been confirmed by the major international tinplate-making companies.
The addition of a certain amount of sodium gluconate to cement can increase the plasticity and strength of concrete, and has a retarding effect
That is, delay the initial and final concrete solidification period.
For example, the addition of 0.15% sodium gluconate can increase the initial setting time of concrete by more than 10 times, that is, the plastic time of concrete from hours to days, without affecting its fastness.
PLASTICITY and delay of initial setting time are very important problems in concrete operation, for example, delaying of initial setting time is a difficult problem in construction in high temperature season and in large-scale engineering operation To solve this problem. In addition, it is difficult to glue the oil well at high temperature. The concrete added with sodium gluconate can be molded in a few hours at 170 °C, so the above problems can be solved satisfactorily.
As a result, sodium and D-gluconic acid have been widely used as cement admixtures in major construction projects, such as bridges in the Middle East.
In addition, it can also be used in electroplating, film manufacturing industry.
Application of Sodium Gluconate in Building Industry
Concrete is a composite material made from cement, aggregates, admixtures and water. Concrete is the largest mass of any manufactured material. Three-quarters of concrete is aggregate, while the most reactive component of concrete is cement slurry. The properties and properties of concrete are mainly determined by the properties of cement grout.
Admixtures in concrete can provide beneficial effects such as accelerating and retarding solidification, allowing air to bubble, reducing water consumption and increasing plasticity, and so on. Several admixtures are usually used in cement, and different admixtures can reinforce each other in some applications.
Sodium gluconate can be used as an admixture in concrete. Its functions in concrete are as follows: water reducer and retarder
Sodium gluconate is generally used alone, but can also be used in combination with other retarders such as carbohydrates and phosphates. Sodium gluconate is a crystalline powder. It is produced under well defined and controlled conditions. The compound is chemically pure and non-corrosive. The mass is constant. These characteristics guarantee reliable and repeatable results in the application.
Sodium gluconate as a water reducer
The W / C ratio can be reduced by adding water reducing agent. The following effects can be achieved by ADDING SODIUM GLUCONATE:
1. Improving workability adding sodium gluconate can improve workability under the same W / C ratio. At this point, sodium gluconate acts as a plasticizer. When the addition of sodium gluconate is less than 0.1% , the degree of improvement of workability is in direct proportion to the addition.
2. Increase strength, while the cement content remains constant, the water content in the concrete can be reduced (i. e. , W / C is reduced) . When the addition of sodium gluconate is 0.1% , the amount of water added can be reduced by 10% .
3. Reduce the cement content, water and cement content in the same proportion, W / C ratio remains unchanged. At this point, sodium gluconate as a decrement agent for cement. In general, the following two aspects are important for the performance of concrete: Shrinkage and heat generation.
Sodium gluconate as retarder
Sodium gluconate can significantly delay the initial and final set time of concrete. When the dosage is less than 0.15% , the logarithm of the initial solidification time is proportional to the addition amount, i. e. the addition amount is doubled, and the initial solidification time is delayed to ten times This allows working time to be extended from a few hours to a few days without loss of intensity. Especially in hot weather and need to put in a longer time.
CLEANING AGENT FOR GLASS BOTTLE
Beverage Industry, food industry, brewing industry, hundreds of millions of glass bottles, such as Soda Bottle, beer bottle, milk bottle, can bottle, soy sauce bottle, wine bottle, its cleaning is a very important thing The formulation of cleaning agent is a difficult technical work.
Sodium gluconate has excellent corrosion and scale inhibition effect, so it is widely used in water quality stabilizer, such as circulating cooling water system of petrochemical enterprise, low pressure boiler, cooling water system of internal combustion engine and so on. Because it has the following unique advantages:
1. It has obvious coordination effect. Suitable for molybdenum, silicon, phosphorus, tungsten, nitrite formulation, due to the coordination effect, corrosion inhibition effect greatly improved.
2. The inhibition rate increased with the increase of temperature. With the increase of temperature, the corrosion inhibition rate of general inhibitors decreases, and even completely loses its function. However, sodium gluconate did the opposite, and the corrosion inhibition efficiency increased with the increase of temperature in a certain range. For example, in the test of carbon steel, the temperature increased from 77 °C F to 120 °C F, the buffer efficiency increased by more than 5% on average. Therefore, sodium gluconate this strange characteristics, the higher temperature of the system or from low temperature to high temperature of the system, as a corrosion inhibitor is very ideal.
3. Strong scale inhibition ability. It has strong complexing ability for calcium, magnesium and iron salts, so it has strong scale inhibition ability, especially has excellent chelating effect for fe 3 + , even has effect in full Ph range.
4. Eliminate hazards. The use of sodium gluconate as corrosion and scale inhibitor for circulating cooling water can eliminate public hazards, which is an advantage that other corrosion and scale inhibitors currently used can not compare.
It can also be used in food additives for the same purpose.